Is this for real, or is it a load of rubbish?

Users who are viewing this thread

cdwz

Reaction score
A while back I posted pics of my hot water heater that was full of lime, which not only fouls up the water heater elements, but also makes our drinking glasses look all white and foggy.

A few days ago I was talking with our local hardware store owner about the problem, and he recommended me to someone else in town who sells "calcite removal systems" for the water. The guy claims it's calcium, not lime, that's causing the problems.

I spoke with the guy today, and he apparently sells this setup:

http://scaelsystem.com/

It looks sort of hokey, but he swears by it, and says he's installed 3-4 per year in town. He offered names of his customers as references, and says that it completely eliminates the build-up in the water.

Has anyone else had any experience with this system, or anything like it?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Selling
Crappy
And
Entertaining
Lies

I like that!
The Scael system is endorsed by Rev. Zombie
He'll be rattling them chicken bones for ya!

rev-zombies-voodoo-shop-776645.jpg

What you really need is a water softener!
A real one that uses the Ion Exchange Method.
It will remove the hardness from your water rather than zap it into a round blue thing as it passes the voodoo magnet chamber.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I think I saw Obama selling something like that...

Something with no track record (experience) to judge anything by...:)

cdwz

Reaction score
About what I figured. If it looks like snake oil, and smells like snake oil, it's probably snake oil.

I wonder how he got so many of his previous customers to vouch for the thing. :confused:

I think I saw Obama selling something like that...

Something with no track record (experience) to judge anything by...:)

Fixed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They are either his friends, relatives or the sales people that work for him. Or else he paid them off.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
recommendations

The same reason placebos cure people. If you can convince them it is working, they will find a reason to believe it. This is the reason the only recommendations you can rely on are those from recognized, independent testing laboratories. Not testimonials, not "we conducted the tests in our own laboratories", and not "the following test results were paid for by the manufacturer".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks