Drain for exposed p-trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlikin

Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm hoping someone might have some advice for me... I've just installed a wall-mount sink with an exposed p-trap. For the faucet, I used the LaToscana Elba single-hole faucet (fell in love with it at Expo). I used the drain assembly that came with the faucet. For the p-trap, I used Kohler's K-9035 bottle trap - this went well with the contemporary look of the faucet.

IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

It all *works* - but there are some aesthetic issues. The drain pipe that came with the faucet was apparently not intended to be seen. It's exposed below the sink before it meets up with the Kohler p-trap. Not a pretty transition. My plumber says I need a different drain assembly, but I'm not sure which one. The Kohler ones would not work with the drain lever at the back of the faucet (plus I don't think their drain tailpieces are actually brushed nickel); and I don't see any replacement drain assembly on LaToscana's web site.

Any thoughts on how I can make this prettier???

Thank you in advance for any help or advice!!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would wrap the drain. They make insulated covers for them.
Maybe a little coat would look nice.

I don't think a fur coat would be right, and certainly not something bright like red or orange. Maybe gray would work.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Your locl plumbing supply house will have a catalog that has all kinds of specialty drain and faucet parts.

Charlikin

Reaction score
Drain fitting?

A plated drain fitting? That sounds promising. Please forgive my ignorance, but is that a piece that fits over the drain pipe? Is it something you can buy online, or that I'd have to have custom fabricated to the right size?

Any chance you could provide a link?

Thanks!!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

It replaces that brass colored one you have. An alternative would be to use a push/pull or toggle drain without any mechanism under the sink and just use the lift rod as a dummy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks