Wish I'd known this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Last weekend, I was cleaning the tub and rinsing with the handheld shower. I pulled a little too hard, and water started leaking near the handle. I didn't want to take it apart without a new hose, so bought a new one (slightly longer so it would reach the corners easier). When replacing it, I figured out that the inner plastic hose had gradually been pulled out from under the compression fitting, and with a little work, I could repair it. Basically, now I've got a spare. This is a Grohe, and it lasted for about 5-years. Looking at it, knowing what I now know, it would last for a very long time.

At the handle end of the hose, there was a mushroom shaped plastic fitting that was hollow - it had pulled loose. I slid the outer housing back so the tubing was even with the end, then pushed the plastic fitting in which wedged the tubing between the pipe and the fitting, holding it together.

Hopefully, this may help someone else save some money replacing a hose that could easily be fixed...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hose

The hoses usually break about 3" from the end, so that also works for that situation. In that case, however you have to pry the insert out because it is not already loose, then pull the inner hose out and cut off the split section. Finally, reassemble the pieces.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Grohe has a lifetime warranty any thing after Jan 1 1997.
You could bring the hose back to where you bought it and get a new one.
Just in case you didn't know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks