Tub Drain Shoe Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Silicone is not the thing to use here and yes you need to pull it all apart and start over. Next time use plumbers putty.

Nate R

Reaction score
It's an acrylic tub. It's on this forum several times that silicone should be used on an acrylic tub. I believe it may even be what the manufacturer recommends for this tub.

I believe the thought is to use silicone because normal putty can stain acrylic tubs. But there's non-staining putty out there, right? Should I just use that instead?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Use what the Mfgr. recomended...call and ask if you don't know...it may be that you can use both in which case I would opt for thr plumbers putty because as you will see it is going to be very difficult to to remove the silicone caulk.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks