General - Trunk to branch sizing?

Users who are viewing this thread

sahayda

Reaction score
Hi all. Great forum.

I'm new here and have tried searching around a little but so far haven't found a general discussion on trunk to branch sizing for water and heat lines...so I apologize if the following quesiton might well have been addressed but I just haven't found it yet.

I guess I'm thinking there's probably a chart somewhere with recommendations for trunk size with an assumed maximum number of simultaneously operating branches flowing from (or to) it?

I'm thinking in the realm of domestic water and hydronic heat distribution. Also, I'm not sure it would make a difference but I'm not thinking in terms of a manifold system, rather mid-run branch/trunk junctions. I'd be curious to know though if anything changes in the recommended sizing if the manifold approach were used. (Fluid dynamics wasn't exactly my best subject in school...:D)

Thanks.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Any code book will have these charts in the appendix, for potable wter distribution. For heating you can find information at www.taco.com and also www.calleffi.com. Calleffi just put out the new Idronics 4 which addresses hydronic manifold systems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks