PDA

View Full Version : tub/shower surround

7echo
10-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I was looking at solid surface for a surround(5' x 32" tub, surround approx 5' high) and the only one I see so far is Swanstone. Are there other options in solid surface? I might consider tile, but I want to get away from the grout lines and I think the solid surface would be easier to clean.

Comments appreciated!

jimbo
10-04-2008, 06:53 PM
There is Corian, and other similar products by other brands, and of course there is natural stone. Your choice.

onezee20
10-04-2008, 08:41 PM
You can contact BCI(google it) and buy an acrylic wall surround.

7echo
10-05-2008, 05:10 AM
I thought Corian was out of the surround business? Something to do with the 1/4" material they used for that not working well? I will contact a Corian fab shop, thanks for the comment.

hj
10-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Corian, cultured marble, granite, take your pick and then contact a fabrication shop. A properly installed granite tile job, has infinitessimal grout lines.

http://www.veronashowers.com/master-bath-pictures
link added by Terry

statjunk
10-08-2008, 05:20 AM
If you grout with epoxy grout you won't have any problems keeping it clean. The stuff is like magic. I left blood on my grout the other night and it stayed there until morning when I noticed it. Rubbed it off with toilet paper. This was a decent amount of blood.

Also the grout is white.

Tom

hj
10-08-2008, 05:47 AM
quote; I left blood on my grout the other night and it stayed there until morning when I noticed it. Rubbed it off with toilet paper. This was a decent amount of blood.

Was this a crime scene after an axe murder?