UltraMax...Bowel Habits or Bowl Shape or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Monicakm@gmail/com

Reaction score
I hate to ask this question, I REALLY do! But, something isn't right. I've had a Toto Ultramax, round bowl since Dec and it has NEVER failed to flush everything out in one flush. I can't begin to tell you how hard it was to talk my husband into replacing his 27 year old toilet (same age and model as my old one) with an Ultramax. For him I chose an ADA height, elongated model. It was installed (same wonderful plumber) last night. Twice already, the toilet has failed to remove all the solid waste in one flush :( I'm gonna be in big trouble if this "wonder" toilet doesn't perform like I said it would :eek: Would the two different bowl shapes and heights have anything to do with this?
Thanks,
Monica

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Strange...:confused:
The Ultramax is a great flushing toilet...

Has your husband used your toilet at all? Were there any problems?
If he hasn't try it...

If it is indeed the toilet verified by the use switch I'd have the plumber check the installation. It's quite possible the wax ring is blocking the outlet or, if he used a wax ring with the black plastic horn with some flanges there can be clearance problems that cause the horn to pinch closed.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Redwood is right but....

If his BMs are large you should have gone with a Caroma...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks