Ace duraflo?? Epipe

Users who are viewing this thread

BF750

Reaction score
Anyone ever done this process or had it done? My house was built in 1961 so it has galvanized pipes. And im debating on repipe with pex or duraflo epipe> thanks for any help!

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It doesn't work. They will clean your pipes and blow holes through most of them necessitating replacement of those sections and driving the cost up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
duraflo

IT works but you need a lot of faith to believe they have scoured ALL the buildup out of the pipe, AND that the epoxy has covered and adhered to every nook and cranny of the system, AND that the epoxy has covered any leaks that occurred and will not break away from them.

BF750

Reaction score
I believe all im running on is faith. Becuz the thought of a repipe is scary. Now could the pex system be put in without removing all the old pipe, which would probably eliminate alot of demolition work??

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think most of the old pipe would have to come out because they would snake the Pex through the old holes. They would take it out in pieces, so that would reduce the amount of damage to walls. A lot would depend on how the old pipe was routed. For example, my plumbing is all in the basement except where it come up to the fixtures, so when I replaced the old galvanized with copper, it was really pretty simple. On the other hand, a multi-story house with pipes in walls might require some wall opening. No way for us to really tell without looking. Replacing whole house plumbing with Pex is not a DIY job, so find a professional company that not only has experience with Pex but also with using Pex in existing homes.

BF750

Reaction score
thanks.. yea i will hire a pro for that, and my house is one story as far as i can tell most pipes are in the attic. but still undecided on the duraflo i want to get more info on it and maybe talk to someone that has had it done or does it!!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Rattle them chicken bones and hope it works like they say it does...

voodooduraflo.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can also get an engine overhaul in a can, and a kit so you can burn water in your car. Next door is a shop that has a pill you can take that will take off all the weight you want without dieting or exercise. Snake oil has come a long way. I look to see Billy Mays selling this pipe magic soon. Of course, you'll get enough for 2 houses, just pay shipping.:D

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yea, right. Next you will tell me my Kinoki foot pads don't work when I can plainly see the brown gook on them.:D

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh yea, and I suppose Smiling Bob is faking it also. Come on, give me a break. :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
repipe

Sorry, but Billy Mays said you had to call within 10 minutes to get the free additional installation, BUT, you do qualify for a set of steak knives that are sharp enough to cut the old pipes into pieces. The only old pipes that have to be removed are those that are in the way of the new ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks