Need advice for bathtub leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Yong 9630

Reaction score
:confused:I have a leak coming from somewhere under my bathtub. I have one of those fiberglass tub/shower combos. I used some Liquid Plumber to try to unclog the drain and I forgot to go back and run hot water through the drain. The next morning I had water leaking from under the tub in the bathroom floor. What is my most probable cause for the leak? Also I have removed the drain in an effort to access the rubber seal, but the seal is under the tub, not the drain, so what would be my next step?

Yong 9630

Reaction score
Have been trying to avoid expensive plumbing charges, but there is no access to the pipes beyond the drain with this fiberglass tub/shower combo. Do not want to tear apart the bathroom to get to the pipes, is there any other solution?:(

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The chemicals might have disolved the old metal trap. You may have to poke a hole in the ceiling below to see what's going on. If you cut carefully, patching isn't too bad. You'd probably take more care than a plumber would when dealing with the ceiling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks