Breaking P-Trap Cistern in Basement

Users who are viewing this thread

joshua

Reaction score
Howdy,

My house has a 'rough in' for a 3rd bathroom in the basement. This 'rough in' consists of a cistern (into which I'll install a sewage pump), drain pipe for sink, connection for wax ring for the commode, and an enclosure for the P-trap for a tub.

The sink pipe is exposed, as is the connection for the commode. However, the P-trap for the tub is enclosed in something. It's like a plastic lid, but I can't remove it. I can pry it up a bit, but upon further inspection it looks like it's a mini-cistern. If it is a complete cistern, I don't want to pry too hard and break it; but I can't see any way to get the lid off. Does anyone have any ideas? A picture is attached...

Thanks!
-Josh

TubBasin.jpg

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I believe that it is just a plastic bucket they put over the pipe to keep the cement from filling in....

Terminate with extreme predjudice!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks