Star toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

mia

Reaction score
good morning,
I have a tank on a 'star' = 'cheap', I'm guessing, toilet. when i put the tank onto the bowl, the threads on the fill valve sit right up against the hole on the bowl, no room to screw on the water feed.
bought the toilet in '05, don't ask, it's been an ordeal. the store now only sells the white, not almond, they had said to bring in the tank & they would change it out. The bowl is well seated and at this point, i thought i might be able to dremmel a quarter inch off the left hand side off the hole in the bowl.:eek:
Thanx for any advise.

Attachments

• star.jpg
    star.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 179

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
First reaction is to ask what were you smoking! You bought a toilet tank that didn't come with fill and flush assembled inside?

The only tool I recommend using is a sledge hammer. I would not even consider using a grinder on a porcelain tank. You won't believe the water bill if a tank cracks open while you are out for the weekend!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tank

IF quality control was that bad when the tank was made, what else is going to be wrong with it once you get it installed? If it was cheap enough, chalk it up as a lesson learned and scrap it.

mia

Reaction score
First reaction is to ask what were you smoking! You bought a toilet tank that didn't come with fill and flush assembled inside?

it came with the fill & flush assembled. The tank & bowl were not assembled, which sounds pretty normal to me.
thanx for the suggestions, no to the sledge hammer, it would make a lovely planter though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks