Best new toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Gavin53

Reaction score
I am ready to install a new toilet, but the one my wife ordered isn't going to work. (Eclipse Impala 17") My son is 6'7" and makes solid waste to match his size. :p
So I want ADA (17" tall) and eco-friendly (low volume but powerful flush)
Then she says, I don't want a loud one, so there goes Gerber Pressure Assist.

Thanks to Terry's site I have narrowed down what I want to get to TOTO
(seems like the best why try anything else) and being enviro-minded I'm partial to the Eco-Drake. The thing is, I like the Dual flush (my other toilet is a Caroma, but they don't sell them here any more) but the Aquia III with the Dual-Max has that goofy bowl. I don't know if I can even install it easily.

QUESTION:
Can I get a Drake bottom (C744EL) and a Aquia tank (ST464M) and use them together? Will it fit? Will it look OK?
Alternatively how hard is it to install a toilet where you can't see the bolts?
Thanks,
Gavin

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
You cannot mix the Drake bowl and Aquia tank.
The Aquia III is not that hard to install especially since they changed the design.
You install a plastic flange on top of existing flange and there is a template you put on top of that. That template shows you where to install the plastic mounting blocks, you secure the blocks to the floor, put the toilet on top of the flange and bolts and screw the bowl to the blocks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks