change the guts?

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcscrap

Reaction score
I have a PF/2 Energizer Flush system in a crane toilet. I know it's an obsolete peice of equipment, and yes it doesn't work right. Can the toilet be converted back or into a regular gravity toilet. What are my options short of replacing the entire two piece toilet? Thanks for any help!

eljer_pf2_inside_tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is my understanding that you can not retrofit an old high volume toilet to a low flow toilet. I think that the reason there were (are) so many problems with early low flow toilets is that manufacturers basically tried to do just that and these first toilets did not perform. Unfortunately, some manufacturers are still trying to get the old designs to work as low flow. I would suggest a new Toto would cure the problem once and for all.

jmcscrap

Reaction score
Can you switch tanks (the entire porcelain piece) and leave the stool attached to the floor?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You have 2 options...

1.) Replace the toilet, they cannot be converted to a gravity toilet.

2.) install the kit that converts the toilet to the Sloan Flushmate System...
http://www.flushmate.com/changeout.asp

There is a very limited supply of repair parts available you can search all over and see if you can find what you need... But my thoughts are why postpone the inevitable result. As a repair plumber I have to provide a guarantee on my repair. If I invest money in parts for the old system then get a callback and the part is no longer available I lose big time! I'll take the guarantee on the new Sloan Flushmate or, a new toilet anyday!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Of the two options the best one would be to change the toilet. Even converting to the Sloan system, (it is expensive), can give problems down the road.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks