Horizonantal sink drain above disposal drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Siegrist970

Reaction score
I recently remodeled my kitchen. We added granite countertops and an undermount sink. I would like to also add a disposal but the drain from the disposal is 3 inches below the drain from the wall. I have read several threads that recommend cutting the T out and moving it down. Unfortunately, my pipe runs horizontally and is a 90 coming out of the wall from the left. Without tearing the walls apart, tapping into the main drain at a lower place and bringing it back over are there any thoughts on how I can make this work? Thanks in advance for any help!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A great time would have been before the new counters were in.

Didn't smockwoman suggest doing that when she helped you plan your kitchen project?

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is the center of the drain from the disposal 3" below or is it the end of the connection drain piece that come's with the disposal?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

If the opening on the disposer is below the opening in the wall there is probably no way to make it work, since there is little variation between disposer measurements.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks