Wisconsin Code

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich H

Civil Engineer
Reaction score
I can't find reference to it anywhere in the Comm statutes for the state of Wisconsin - can anyone tell me if Wisconsin plumbing code is based on the IPC, UPC, or something else??? I would guess UPC, but I just want to know.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't find reference to it anywhere in the Comm statutes for the state of Wisconsin - can anyone tell me if Wisconsin plumbing code is based on the IPC, UPC, or something else??? I would guess UPC, but I just want to know.

Wi. code is a state code. There is no NPC,UPC or IPC. We don't follow the crowd, we believe in running plumbing effciently. This also help's protect job's and keep wage's higher for plumber's in the state. They talked about adapting to the upc but it will never happen. Thank goodness...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Wi. code is a state code. There is no NPC,UPC or IPC. We don't follow the crowd

Well that makes sense. Some of your answers are useless for the rest of us. We have to plumb to pass inspections. It's really not that hard since we have been doing it so long. Maybe we should set up a Wisconsin forum where they can discuss "that" code.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's the water....
It's slightly "different" there...
Don't drink the Kook Aid!

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score

Well that makes sense. Some of your answers are useless for the rest of us. We have to plumb to pass inspections. It's really not that hard since we have been doing it so long. Maybe we should set up a Wisconsin forum where they can discuss "that" code.

Well, you have stated you had to back vent everything untill recently. What took so long for them to learn how to run plumbing efficiently? Because I live in Wi does not mean I can't discuss on this fourm. It sounds like standard's are all over the board in regard' to what code's are used.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Terry, If you start one for Wisconsin then you need to start one for Massachusetts also :D You could call it Grumpy's Page :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Wi

I have to be careful because my wife is from WI, but when they wear blocks of cheese on their heads, what kind of code would you expect them to have. And how can diminishing the requirements so anything will work help to keep jobs or raise the wages. It seems it would do the opposite. Anyone could do the plumbing so the tradesmen would have to work cheaper to compete with the DIY or handyman crowd.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry, If you start one for Wisconsin then you need to start one for Massachusetts also :D You could call it Grumpy's Page :D

:eek:
What tha? Whe just like to run thing more efficiently, and not let people bullie us around with there Homecheapo junk and Blowes trash.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have to be careful because my wife is from WI, but when they wear blocks of cheese on their heads, what kind of code would you expect them to have. And how can diminishing the requirements so anything will work help to keep jobs or raise the wages. It seems it would do the opposite. Anyone could do the plumbing so the tradesmen would have to work cheaper to compete with the DIY or handyman crowd.

How is wearing block's of cheese at a football game any dorkier than people dressing up as American flag's at the RNC.. That's right there patriotic.

Because we do thing's more effectively in WI doesn't me it is diminishing requirement's. For example: We can vent up to 8 floor mounted fixture's,floor drains or a combonation of both with a circuit vent and a relief vent. A total of 2 vent's for 8 fixture's. BTW, pedestal lav trap's are used on drinking fountains's mainly in park's were the fixture is in the middle of no where. Also your double fix connection are viewed in Wi as crosses there for can't use unless you have a c.o. above or below connection. Maybe we have smarter engineer's or maybe our field plumber's have more input on the way code is written.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I don't know. From what I'm hearing I'm beginning to feel sorry for you guys. Especially if you move out of Wisconsin and have to plumb in the real world. :D

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know. From what I'm hearing I'm beginning to feel sorry for you guys. Especially if you move out of Wisconsin and have to plumb in the real world. :D

Thank's for the concern. I would not want to plumb out side WI because I like what I get paid. I can't work for $25 hr as a plumber. That's insulting to say the least.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Last time I had T&M work done on my home, it was $105/hour and they weren't union. Yes, some of that went to management to pay for insurance, etc., but my guess is the plumber got more than that. I know in the industry I work in, we charge a good premium above what I get paid, but I get paid decently. In the real world, you end up getting paid what you are worth, not what your seniority says you should be paid - especially with the supervisor telling you to slow down to not make the others look bad or pad the bill.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You don't really want me to look up the median income for plumbers in Wisconsin do you? I know you union boys make pretty good coin but I have to ask. How can you be working when you are able to post this time of day, or for that matter any time of day, or are you on the night shift. Come on up to my classroom sometime, I'll show you plumbing stuff that'll make your head spin. It's 2008 you know:D

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Also your double fix connection are viewed in Wi as crosses there for can't use unless you have a c.o. above or below connection. Maybe we have smarter engineer's or maybe our field plumber's have more input on the way code is written.

I find it kind of funny how you rename fittings in Wisconsin...
The rest of the world refers to it as a double fixture fitting...
Even the manufacturer has it by that name in their catalog...

doublefixturefitting.gif

As for smarter engineers and field plumbers having more input...

Whatta bunch a dorks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks