Cracked Urinal

Users who are viewing this thread

MaintenanceGuy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've got a problem that seems to come up every couple of years. I've got a Urinal with a crack running from the top to the bottom. If it was a wall hung, we'd just swap it for a new one but this is one of those gang bathroom urinals, installed in the 60's that is cast into the concrete floor.

You know the ones, about 4' tall, the drain is down below the level of the concrete floor.

In the past, we've sealed off the drain, and used block to close off the urinal and tiled the block. you can still tell that a urinal used to be there but it's not an unattractive option. But I'd like to fix these as they come up instead of abandoning urinals.

Any chance of making a repair to the cracked porcelain?

Wrex

Reaction score
My middle school had those years ago when visiting for one of my sons performaces ironically they still had them.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
urinal

No way to repair them. If you really want to keep using one, just replace it. Kohler and American Standard, along with other companies, still make them. No big deal other than some concrete and tile work.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I actually have a half dozen old Am Std full length urinals still in boxes. Can't use them any more cause they don't meet code. Kinda a bear to change out also. Lots of swearing involved.:mad:

FFJwilliams

Reaction score
I actually have a half dozen old Am Std full length urinals still in boxes. Can't use them any more cause they don't meet code. Kinda a bear to change out also. Lots of swearing involved.:mad:

Nhmaster: Do you still have any AM std's available. Looking to buy one.
Thanks

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Nhmaster: Do you still have any AM std's available. Looking to buy one.
Thanks

He hasn't been on here in four years, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I like his avatar, though.

I answered your question in the toilet forum thread. Hint: I found you one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks