My schizo sink!

Users who are viewing this thread

sheellah

Reaction score
This is really strange. I run some water and it goes down like a champ. I wash something small right after and have a few inches of water in the sink, and my sink that was draining fine a few minutes ago, acts like it clogged. The water just mostly sits there, unless I plunge it to make it go down faster.

How can a sink drain fine one minute and then with a bit of water in it say--nope--not in the mood to drain anymore? The trap piece was just changed as they couldn't fix it otherwise as it was corroded. I don't understand what's going on. Can someone help? Thanks!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You have a clogged drain and you need to have a plumber snake the drain line clear.

sheellah

Reaction score
Thanks! I figured it wasn't clogged at the water went down OK at first. The clog must be further in the pipe where water goes down OK for a while until the pipe fills. They put my trap near the wall instead of under my sink.

I have a 1/4" snake and it only goes down about 9". I can't get it to bend into the elbow. Strange, as I was able to before they changed the trap piece, but that's further along the pipe. Uess they put some sort of piece there like a strainer. Know nothing about plumbing obviously. I turn the knob, the water comes out. That's about it.

Any ideas why the snake won't turn into the elbow there? I've tried every which way, and it's very flexible? Is the trap hard for a newbie to open? Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks