View Full Version : Replacing Shower Faucet Handle

08-31-2008, 12:45 PM
We have a Price Pfister shower handle right now, which is chrome with a round plastic knob controlling the water. I want to replace it with a brushed nickel lever handle. I was hoping it would be a quick switch to remove and replace the plate and the handle, but I can't find a lever handle system that will fit the existing connector.

I took the knob off and took a picture. None of the lever handles I found in the store had a back that would fit on to that plastic bit. I really don't want to have to replace the valve or whatever it is inside the wall, unless that's the only way I can get my lever handle. Should I just keep looking? Is there a name for this type of connection I need to be looking for? Thanks!


08-31-2008, 01:10 PM
I would check with PP on the handle to see if they make brushed nickel for that old valve.

Nice picture by the way.

08-31-2008, 01:11 PM
There is absolutely NO INTERCHANGEABILITY of faucet handles between brands, or even between models on the same brand. You have the Price Pfister Avante. That said, here is a link to your valve and the available trim:

Don't know for sure if any or all of these are still available. Check with PP directly, or a large supply house.


08-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Try this website to see available trim...


09-01-2008, 07:12 AM
It is true that there is seldom interchangability between brands, but it is not chiseled in stone, because many manufacturers also supply their brass to other companies. And there can be limited intechangability between models from the same company.