pressure tank for tank less lpg with well

Users who are viewing this thread

lent

Reaction score
I have a lpg tank less water heater and a well system. The heater works great as long as the pressure is at 60 psi. But when the pressure goes down to 35 psi the water turn cold, untill the pump turns on the pressure rebuilds, and the water gets hot again. Is there a tank I could add to keep the psi at a constant pressure so my hot water will stay hot ??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of them (but must say I've never used one!), you may be a good candidate for a cycle stop valve. Post this over in the pumps and wells section of the forum. Basically, you add this valve which has a bypass. It essentially makes the pump run continuously once the pressure drops to a certain point and there is a flow demand.

It sounds like the flow switch in the tankless may be out of calibration and replacing it might also resolve the issue. What is the minimum flow requirement for it to turn on? Most are in the 1/2-gallon per minute range and a showerhead draws much more than that (normally 2-2.5 gallons per minute).

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Your water pressure should not go that low. If it's cut out point is 60 lbs. the cut in should be 40 lbs. Pressure tank pressure, with the pump off and water pressure at zero should be 38 lbs. or 2 lbs. below cut in. The heater is probably working fine but it does not like a 25 lb pressure differential. You may also want to narrow up the pressure range to 15 lbs. instead or 20, but you need to add pressure to the tank also.

lent

Reaction score
psi pressure

I adjusted my tank pressure to 50-40. The pump works a little more, but I got no cold water. Good advice, Thanks:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks