Double leaky tub faucet ?- help!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

dougpatterson

Reaction score
I have a Delta 1700 faucet in my shower. A while ago, OK I am late getting to this "honey do" project, the faucet starting leaking sporadically out of the shower head. Annoying but I thought it was not a hot project!

About a month later we started noticing a small water stain right outside of the tiled shower area along the baseboard molding / drywall. This has me worried and I assume that these two drips are related to the same failure / problem! Both problems persist / have gotten a little worse and I need to get on this now. I have talked to Delta 2 times and been on their website. I have received mixed / little information on what I need to replace or check to fix these two problems. I have been told to replace the cartridge, replace the springs / seats, not replace the cartridge, check all my plumbing around the faucet.....

What should I look for to solve the leak behind the wall?
Does anybody know what I need to do?
Is my logic of tying these two leaks to the same issue logical?

Thanks for any help!!

Doug

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks