Shower body Rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

Jcheech

Reaction score
Hey folks, I was wonderin' if any of ya would take a look at this question I posted over in John Bridge (link below) and give me your thoughts.

Thanks a bunch.

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=698866&postcount=28

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally the White plate is even with the finished wall on a Kohler tub/shower valve.

You will want to make sure that the valve is supported well before the backing goes up. Otherwise when the plate is installed, it can pull on the valve

Jcheech

Reaction score
Thanks all. That picture doesn't do me much justice. I took it before I installed the straps. I was concerned about the depth of the shower and wanted some advice before I tied it up nice and square. Now that I know it's Ok for it to be flush with the finish wall, Ill install the straps and square it up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Whether it is correct or not depends on the thickness of the tile and the space inside the trim ring, if any. If the valve is tilting because it is not secured, it will go back further into the wall once you anchor it so the face is vertical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks