Vibrating/Humming copper water line??

Users who are viewing this thread

vegas

Reaction score
I just recently tapped into my main water line b/c we just installed a sprinker system. I used a "T" to go off the main line. The problem I'm running into now is that when ever I run any water in the house, (faucet, toilet, etc.) the pipe makes this almost constant pulsating humming/vibrating noise.

I have a shut off just off the "T" so I can drain the line during the winter and when I close this valve it doesn't make the noice anymore.

There isn't any leaks of any kind but make the vibrating/humming sound when just running the house water...ANY IDEAS??

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
noise

IT is probably your backflow preventer, you did install one I hope. It sounds like the same noise a backflow preventer on a hose faucet makes when the faucet is turned on but the hose nozzle is shut off.

vegas

Reaction score
actually,

there is a shutoff before my backflow preventer and it still vibrates when I shut it off. could it be a lack of pressure? it seems like the vibration is coming from the "T" that i used to come off the main water line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks