Help me identify and upgrade old Price Pfister 3 handle tub/shower

Users who are viewing this thread

prpsrv

Reaction score
Website
www.blossommanorproperties.com
Picture attached

Can anybody help me? I am trying to change out old chrome Price Pfister handles on a 3 handle system (hot/cold/diverter) and upgrade them to a brushed nickle finish. They are old compression style valve stems which are fine. I have found kits for Verve and Windsor but can't find anything to identify what I've got. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_2364.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pp

It is the Crown Jewel version, but that means nothing as far as you are concerned because the piece inside the wall is universal to all their trim lines. If I were doing it, I would buy a complete new PP valve and then convert the body in the wall to the new ceramic seat stems. The only problem with doing it on your valve is that some Crown Jewel bodies require the the seats, (which are normally discarded), sometimes have to remain in the valve, but you cannot tell if yours do until you try the conversion without the seats. If you want to play it safe, then buy the new trim you like, the modern ones will replace your chrome trim without replacing the stems.

pp_three_handle_stems.jpg

phister-01-31xa-series-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The answer to this type of question is usually NO. But you got lucky.

Apparently they used a lot of PP in Arizona, because hj is all over this one. The PP 3 handle body probably has more trim options available for upgrade than any other faucet ever made. Take all your parts down to a plumbing supply and they can fix you up.

phister-windsor.gif

pp_three_handle_stems.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks