Dishwasher leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
I walked into my kitchen yesterday only to find the dishwasher leaking water thru the door. It seemed to be towards the end of the cycle. I shut it off immediately and opened the dishwasher only to find water still filling up. Luckily i was able to contain it and suck up the water with a wet vac.

More than likely I would be replacing the dishwasher but very curious to know what could have gone wrong with the unit i have. Any suggestion on where i should start looking is appreciated. I can also attached pictures of the dishwasher if requested etc.
The dishwasher is a GE Triton XL and is about 6 years old.

Thanks

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
hi
Where would i find the solenoid valve and how would i tell it is bad.
thanks for replying.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Usually in the front left corner under the macine with a water line and 2 wires attached to it. If water doesn't shut off coming into the nachine. It could also be the level sensor.

Having a voltmeter usually helps with the troubleshooting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks