PDA

View Full Version : Great Idea For Switches

Gokarts
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Found this site the other day. www.rightplate.com . I think this is probably going to be one of the most the most useful additions to my new addition !

Chris75
07-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Are you the owner of the company?

jbfan74
07-30-2008, 07:43 PM
I can see it now. Put them in and the painters show up!

hj
07-31-2008, 07:41 AM
I am not sure, but if I remember correctly I pretty much knew what every switch was for after about a week in the house. And unless it is also in Braille, engraving won't help much in the dark.

Wrex
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Or you could get one of those cheap labelers from Staples.

Mikey
08-09-2008, 02:29 PM
They look neat, in a useless kind of way - hj had it right. There are several things I never see labelled -- switches like these, the drawers in a mechanic's rollaround, cabinets and drawers in home kitchens and bathrooms. I'm sure there are others...

No problem for the owner, but visitors are lost. We were in a rental house in California for the weekend last week, with people sleeping all over the place after a long evening. My wife and I got up early, and sneaked into the kitchen, with her whispering "be quiet!" to me all the way. She wanted light, but she turned on the garbage disposer.

hj
08-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Even with the plates engraved she would still have turned on the garbage disposer unless the plates were luminous or you had a flashlight, but then she probably wouldn't have needed the light.

Mikey
08-11-2008, 04:09 AM
There was plenty of light, but only a 33 or 50% chance of getting the light - I don't remember if it was a double- or triple-gang. She also didn't have her glasses on, so only your original idea (Braille) would have helped.