Three Piece Tub Surround Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

jomass

Reaction score
We have two sets of American Standard 3-piece bath walls Model 5030.LBW to install in two different bathrooms. One is stripped to the studs and will be going with the matching tub. The other has just been refinished in new greenboard and will be installed with an existing cast iron tub. The surrounds are more suited for direct stud installation but can be put over the greenboard as well. When they’re put over the greenboard is there a type of finish strip or some method to hide the nail/screw strip for the edges? While this is in a less frequently used secondary bathroom, I would like it to look somewhat decent.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
surround

IF there is a nail flange, I cannot imagine how it would be intended to be installed over drywall, greenboard, or anything else. If it is done carefully you might be able to get it to the point where you could tape and texture it.

jomass

Reaction score
thanks for the help. I'll have to see what I come up with. The directions say it can be used either way but I can see where is intended more for use directly to the studs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks