Got the blobs, need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Seasoned Warrior

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a long time property manager and the bane of my existence is the blob of solder left in a sweat fitting after removing a component. The one that really got me today was a reducing Tee 3/4 X 1/2 X 3/4. The 1/2 had to have the component removed and there is a small blob of solder sitting on the bottom of the horizontal 1/2 inch arm so the new piece won't fit without removing the blob. I have used a number of things to remove the sloder, heat and pick with a brush, use my pocket knife to scrape out the solder, I've even tried to get a 1/2' reamer but this fitting is next to an adjoining pipe and so I can't get in. Even though I've done it sometimes by fluxing real well and then heating, sliding the new piece in and adding solder I am always afraid that I may have a void and it will eventually leak. So how do you pro's do it????

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks