Air Intake Knob

Users who are viewing this thread

ladyhomeowner

Reaction score
I have a tub in master suite, 2nd floor, new home. Filled tub, turned on jets, enjoyed relaxing bath, turned off, drained out. Went downstairs, water leaking from ceiling onto hardward floor. Called builder, he and plumber came, thought overflow drain leaked, as I told him when jets turned on, water level went over overflow drain, but that was not leaking after they check. They found that the water leaked out at the Air Intake Plate. Called tub Co. and they told him that I caused the leak by letting water go over the intake. My belief is that no fixture in a tub should leak! Who is right!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I imagine there should be a check valve to prevent water from leaking through the air jet system... What kind of tub do you have?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What brand of tub has the air intake inside of the wet area? Mine, for better or worse, pulls the air in from underneath the tub, so somewhere, there must be a path for air. The air turbine on an air tub is not designed for any water to get into it...if it does, you could wreck the turbine motor and would likely to spew water everywhere.

Where in the tub is the air intake? Maybe a picture would help. Sounds like a poorly thought out design, but if you didn't follow the instructions, I don't see it being their problem (other than being kind of dumb). The only advantage of having the air intake inside of the tub is that the incmoing air is likely warmer than if obtained from elsewhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks