Seeking: 5' Rectangular Tub w/ Tile Flange, No Apron. Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

az1324

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 5' Tub for a 3 wall alcove installation. I would like to find a nice modern rectangular shape with as few as possible interior ledges. Also trying to keep the cost down.

I like the Kohler K-1123 but they don't offer it with tile flange unless it has the integrated apron and specs say not to install it in an alcove.

I also like the Kohler K-850 which says it can be installed in a 3 wall alcove, but seems to use a tiling-in bead for doing so. Also not looking for cast iron and the price is a little higher than I'd like.

The Hydro Systems Lacey looks great and is available with tile flange, but requires mortar bed setting and price is lower than the K-805 but still a bit high.

I was also considering using the K-1123 with the Schluter®-DILEX-AS .

But if I can find a nice looking rectangular shaped tub with flange for a good price I would much prefer that route.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you are looking for anything other that a regular 5' tub with front apron, 3 sided tile flange.....then you are in what I call the "foo-foo" category, and get out the checkbook!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks