Setting thermostat

Users who are viewing this thread

rtorrez

Reaction score
I want to set my AC thermostat to 73 and for it to come back on when the room reaches 75-76 degrees. Is this done using the offset or anticipator option and how would I set it for those options? Is the anticipator for heat only? Yeah I am so new to this.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The anticipator is for heat and is set to match the coil on your gas valve. It is not something you can adjust for your convenience.

If you want closer swings, you will need a good programmable thermostat which has lots of user set-up features.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
t'stat

The differential is seldom adjustable because the greater the difference between the on/off temperatures, the longer the unit will have to run to satisfy the off setting. As a practical matter, the total run times will probably be the same. A small differential will just run for a shorter time more frequently. And in the process the humidity will increase adding to the AC load. The ideal system has the AC running fairly constantly to maintain an even temperature with maximum dehumidifaction, one reason for not using an oversized unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks