Neorest 500 & water supply off-center distance

Users who are viewing this thread

fredhsu

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering buying a Neorest 500. But I notice that an 11" off-center water supply is called for. Some say at least 8" is needed. This (long supply distance) appears to be a requirement for skirted toilets, especially for Toto toilets that use the UniFit adaptor.

I have a water supply line at 6 1/2" off-center. And I notice on some online images that there is a notched area at the back on both sides which appear to be big enough to accommodate the supply at 6 1/2".

Am I correct?
Thanks

neo_500a_adapter.jpg

The Neorest comes with it's own shutoff and supply, a large braided supply.
You have to use the supplied parts, in some cases, the existing rough for the water supply many need a little moving.
Specs call for 11" to center, but as you can see above, this one is more like 8"

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The problem with the Neorest is the size of the shutoff valve and supply that comes witht the toilet.
The shutoff valve is 1/2" iron pipe thread and the supply and shutoff valve is huge.
I don't think you would be able to put the shutoff valve close enough to the wall to fit behind the bowl and if you did you most likely would not be able to turn off and on.

fredhsu

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it is possible for my contractor to replace the shutoff valve and supply line with other ones? Is there anything special about the included shutoff valve?

fredhsu

Reaction score
I now see the foolishness of my question. After searching around the web, I found installation manuals for the 600 (even though I want the 500 model). Both 600 and 500 seem to use the same water flow/shutoff valve. It is clear from Terry's picture and the installation manual that the valve is installed perpendicular to the wall, and even if I somehow manage to fit it into the 500's nook on the side, I won't be able to access the screw/bolt on the valve.

I hate to move the water supply line. I will have to break nice marble tiles, and I have no idea where to find identical tiles to match broken ones.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms950cg.pdf

To buy in the Seattle area

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Even though the stop is a 1/2" pipe thread, and you have copper, that doesn't prevent you from putting a thread connection of the copper for the shutoff. You may need to move the supply a bit though, that can be done with fittings outside the wall.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
I have a similar situation with a Neorest 500 where the supply is too close to centerline and not practical to move it.

I can make a jog outside the wall to space it out, but that would look a bit cheesy on a 3k toilet. Is there any reason I can't put a 90 deg elbow and have the Toto bulky valve facing up or to the left (outward) instead of straight out as shown in Terry's pictures?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
neo_600_supply.jpg

This is the Neorest 600 with the supply closer than the Toto spec of 11.5"
With the supply farther out, the line swings the other way.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks Terry.

We did the installation as I proposed. The pipe comes out of the wall only about 4" from centerline (left side as you look at the toilet).

We simply put a 90 elbow on the stub, a small length of copper pipe and installed the Toto valve facing left. The hose connection is facing away from the wall.

It worked out very well and you can't see any of the copper pipe. The hose reach worked out fine also.

I'll take a picture next time I go there.

Ecochick

Reaction score
Website
www.totousa.com
Another option - Dahl angle stop

Hi there,

There is also an angle stop made by Dahl that can serve as an extender so you don't always have to move the water line (although this is the cleanest looking application) - it's part # 33-2386-A by Dahl, 5/8" OD x 3/8" OD...

Good luck,
M

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Here is the installation with the Toto valve pointing to the left, as described in my previous post.

pict0381.jpg

nyc6035

Reaction score
Wow...wish I had seen this before undertaking installing my 500 about a month ago....my wife insisted I could not take out any dri-wall in the bathroom to move the pipe...because we didn't have any more wallpaper to patch it later.

My 'bright' idea was to remove the dri-wall on the wall behind the bathroom and retrofit it from the back and then punch a whole through the wall at the correct location. I worked...but a 90 degree fitting would have saved a whole lot of dri-wall patching on the reverse wall. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks