Kohler Class 5 flushing problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

toler

Reaction score
My 9 year old has a hard stool and was blocking our toilet once a week. Getting fed up of plunging all the time I decided to get a Kohler Devonshire Class 5 toilet, which according to the glossy brochures would solve all my problems. Well now with this very expensive new toilet it gets blocked only once every 2 weeks. Whats worse is that it has a V shaped hole which makes it near impossible to plunge. I have bought all kinds of plungers but none of them are large enough to cover the V! The last time it got blocked I decided to remove the toilet to investigate. It was a dirty job but I discovered that it got blocked just at the exit of the toilet. There is a very sharp 90 deg. bend before it has to go through a small funnel at the exit. So imagine the waste having to go out the hole cross wise! A very bad design indeed. I am now trying to fill in a lip just around this funnel with construction adhesive. Hopefully this will help because the store I bought this from (Preston Hardware in Ottawa) did not take the toilet back.

A Very dissapointed customer.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I find the Class Five pretty easy to plug compared to other toilets with large flush valves.
If you were replacing a Wellworth, it would be an improvement, but that's not saying much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks