Toto Aquia Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Beth T

Reaction score
aquia_angle.jpg

I read some old info on these toilets, and the reviews on performance and installation difficulty were not in favor of the toilet. Our plumbing supply says they have a 6 month wait on them. What is up? Anyone??:rolleyes: I also had a plumbing supply person friend advise me to stay away from 1-piece toilets. Any wisdom on that as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some people don't like new things...they actually have to read the instructions. An Aquia toilet takes a little more time to install than a "normal" one. It is not hard but it is different. The toilet works fine.

One piece toilets have fewer connections to leak, but, they are potentially heavier than a 2-piece (you could put the bowl of a 2-piece in place, then add the tank rather than having to lift the whole thing).

So, if you aren't used to lifting what can be a fairly heavy toilet, then a 2-piece may be easier.

A one-piece has fewer nooks and crannies, so it is easier to keep clean.

If you are a petite woman trying to install a one-piece, you probably would not find it particularly easy, if possible to lift it at all. You might have a chance with a one-piece. Otherwise, pick one you like that has good test results or pay someone to install it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think I have about 20 Aquia's on hand in the Seattle area.
It's a two-piece toilet that works very well.
Almost impossible to plug, fairly quiet, looks great.
They do take more time to install.

It has a small water spot in the bowl, but it's a washdown rinse, so things do get swept down.

A lot of my Aquia sales are repeat sales.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks