laundry install question

Users who are viewing this thread

JimFromMA

Reaction score
Our house is a raised ranch with a walk out basement. The back door on the ground floor enters into a 8ft by 8 ft room with a toilet vanity and clothes washer hook up. The gas dryer is another room in the basement.

We bought a stacked front load washer and gas dryer to install in place of the existing washer and a landry sink to replace the vanity. As weird as it is to have a half bath/laundry room/mud room. We are planning to leave the toilet as is until we can either move the back door or move the toilet. So we would have either a laundry/mudroom or a laundry/ half bath.

My question is related to the dryer vent. What are the requirements for location of the gas dryer vent outside in relation to overhangs, windows, doors, etc.? Is it the same as a furnace or other gas appliance vent? The only thing I can find is for duct material and length.

The outside wall in this room is under a deck that is about 8 ft off the ground. The vent would come out just about 3 ft off the ground. The deck comes out about 13 ft off the house. I probably already know the answer to this, but would it be allowed to vent the dryer through this wall?

Are there any restrictions on putting a gas dryer in a bathroom that would prevent me from putting the dryer here in the first place?

Thanks,
Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks