PDA

View Full Version : Decorative Toilet

KULTULZ
04-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Gentlemen,

Due to poor builder carpentry skills, I am limited to a 10in rough-in toilet. I have found no source of a decorative toilet as offered by American Std or Kohler, only very basic appearing models.

Is there a source?

Also, offset flanges. Most references I have read from professional plumbers say not to use. Is this because of difficulty snaking or a possible flow resistance? The reason I ask is that the second bathroom has an installation (in slab) of about 16in rough-in both from the rear and side wall and I would like to move the toilet closer to the wall(s).

This is a condo (ground level) and I believe the second offset is due to it's being built as a handicap unit origionally.

I am not a professional by any means but what I consider a slightly advanced Harry Homeowner Type... :D

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

jadnashua
04-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Any of the Toto toilets that use the Uni-fit adapter can be used at 10" rough, some include: Carlyle, Vespin, Soiree (?), and others. If you go to the www.totousa.com (http://www.totousa.com) website and specify 10" rough, it will list all of their options. Toto is the largest toilet manufacturer in the world and has a plant in the USA.

KULTULZ
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Nothing with a 10in rough-in appealed to me.

Their appearance would take a while getting used to.