PDA

View Full Version : Looking for elevated tank/cistern toilet

chassis
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I have an old (30 yrs, roughly) toilet with a separate, elevated tank and old fashioned long pull chain. The bowl mounting flanges have broken, so I need a new bowl. It is a Kohler model, but looking at their website, it doesn't seem like this type of toilet is sold anymore.

Can anyone steer me in the direction of where I can find a replacement bowl, or another manufacturer that makes an elevated tank toilet? Thanks.

Redwood
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
You will not get a replacement bowl for that toilet. The law now mandates 1.6 gallons per flush toilets so you cannot get a 3.5 GPF bowl new.

Have a look see at this linked google search for new toilet possibilities.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=victorian-style%2C+high-tank+toilet+&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

hj
04-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Check with specialty stores such as HD Expo or Great Indoors. They have access to retro units. For yours, when you find one, all you need is a 1.6 gpf tank ball/flapper to retrofit your tank to a 1.6 gpf bowl. If yours is a replica of the original ones with a siphon flusher, then you will need a new tank, and would want one anyway.

Redwood
04-14-2008, 05:44 AM
HJ is correct! I wasn't thinking of the flexibility of the tank to bowl connection being different. In a regular close coupled toilet you would be out of luck.