Narrowest 40 gal gas WH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
I have a 30 gal Richmond Gas Water heater. I believe the diameter is the same as the current 29-30 gal at 16 1/8"

I don't have much width in the alcove I'm working with. Our new tub requires a 40 gallon, from what we've found. (At least w/ the 33 degree cold water temp in winter.) Otherwise I can't fill the tub before the hot water runs out.

So, what's the narrowest 40 gal available? I have some height available, it's the width that matters.

The narrowest I've found is one of the Richmond 40 gal models is 17 3/4"

Anyone know of a narrower 40 gal?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would visit all the manufacturers and check their spec sheets on the different models. Thats the only way you'll find the thinest of the thin.\
Some manufacturers should be avoided though... I believe you've been here enough to know which ones...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks