DWV Vent: Sanitory Tee at 45 Degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
I would like to make a few obvious improvements to my DWV before the inspector comes. I actually had goofed and put in a horizontal vent line in one place. The previous posts on this site made me aware of the error....

I would like to install a sanitary tee rolled 45 degrees as a vent off of a horizontal drain. The vent line rises vertically from a street 45 degree bend attached to the the sanitary tee.

Is this an advisable (code worthy) design? I've been trying avoid using sanitary tees (I find their use confusing), but I am tight on vertical clearance.

Thanks!
Steve

D:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Csseaney%5CDesktop%5CToilet_Vent.jpg

Attachments

• Toilet_Vent.jpg
    Toilet_Vent.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In Washington State, they would want a wye or combo fitting there.
In some cases, I would wye off, and then turn up through the floor with a waste 90 el, making sure the vent line would be above the flow line of the waste line.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
In Canada, That layout is acceptable as long as you don't have anything draining into that branch. As long as its being used as a dry vent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks