Out of plumb riser

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary7

Reaction score
I need to mount a shower drain as level as possible and I'm dealing with a seriously out of plumb riser. Most of the problem is that the horizontal line is sporting more like a 3/4" per foot slope rather than 1/4". This is all under a concrete slab and I've dug it out down to the P-Trap. What's the best way to plumb the riser? I have about 1.5-2 feet of riser to play with.

Attached are some pics. Just for scale, that's a little 6" torpedo level.

Thanks folks!
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0619_edited.JPG
    IMG_0619_edited.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0620_edited.JPG
    IMG_0620_edited.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0623_edited.JPG
    IMG_0623_edited.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 381

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
riser

Cut it off low and use a coupling. It will have more than enough movement so that you can straighten it out. Just hold it vertical until the cement hardens.

Gary7

Reaction score
A coupling I can handle. Not sure I could handle the 22.5's and still keep it centered. I'd probably have to cut the P-Trap too and just lay out the whole thing from scratch. Not sure I'd be up to that task.

Which coupling is the best to use? Seems like the flexible would give me plenty of wiggle room, but is it safe and long-lasting enough when buried? Does the shielded offer enough flexibility for me to straighten the riser?

Thanks again,
Gary

Attachments

• unshielded.jpg
    unshielded.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 343
  • shielded.jpg
    shielded.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 349

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go With The Proflex Coupling
The Style Of Fernco Is Not Legal Underground Or Inside The Footing
You Will Be Able To Get Adjustment Out Of The Proflex

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks