PDA

View Full Version : Rough In

steelcable97
03-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I want to replace two toilets.

The rough in distances are 11in for the first, and 13 1/2 for the other.

I want to get an American Standard Cadet 3. Can I use a 12 inch rough in?

Thanks.

krow
03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
. However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation

Johnnie_Rocket
03-19-2008, 01:28 AM
The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
. However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation

I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.

krow
03-19-2008, 10:57 AM
I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.

Thats a possible solution, assuming you have access to the vertical part of the drain and you have enough depth/space between your new offset flange and the existing 90 degree fitting below the floor. This flange will allow you to gain up to 1 1/2"