Basement Cold Air Return question...

Users who are viewing this thread

AlexC

Reaction score
I had a question regarding Cold Air returns in basements...especially when creating new rooms in the basement.

I'm beginning to finish my basement and I was wondering if cold air returns need to be installed into each room that I build in the basement. I've attached a simple picture of the proposed layout of my basement, showing the current placement of heating/cooling ducts and the cold air return vent. Do I need one in the Bedroom/Den? Storage room? If so, can they be connected to the main cold air return vent? Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

Floorplan:

Basement.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Without an engineered air flow, it's hard to push air into a closed room! So, for optimum performance in a forced air system, it is good to have a strategically placed return in each room.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks