New here with a question

Users who are viewing this thread

Txaggie

Reaction score
Hello all,

First let me say that this is a great forum with a great deal of useful information, I am positively surprised with how willing you pros are to share your wealth of knowledge.

Now to my question, I am in the planning stages of a complete remodel of our master bath, it is 10 years old builder stock bathroom that drives me nuts.

Our master bath is pretty much a square room (11'x 11') with a walled in toilet. the only fan in the bathroom is in this toilet room making the rest of the bathroom a really moist area every time we take a shower or a bath. Both the tub and shower are up against an outside wall on the first floor of a two story house.

Is it possible and up to code to put in a second fan that vents out through the side wall of our house?

I do have 10 foot ceilings and I am willing to give up a foot to lower the ceiling for the new fan/vent if needed.

It will require a lot more work to get from the first floor bathroom up to the attic and vent it on top of the house which I would assume is the most common way?

Sorry for the long description...

Thanks,
Stefan

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd sure put the vent exhaust out the side of the house. Shorter duct and less potential roof problems. Just don't vent them into the attic!

Txaggie

Reaction score
Thanks Gary,

No way I will vent to the attic :) I just wasn't sure if it was up to code to pull it out the side of the house.

Looks like that will be the way I go...

Thanks a lot for your quick response..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks