Which PEX Crimper? PLEASE HELP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsmith99

Reaction score
My local plumbing supply want $138 for a Veiga crimper. The orange lumber yard wants $99 for a Viega crimper. Are they the same tool?

I want to run some new PEX and tie into some old PB. Will the Viega tool work for this? Is there another tool I should buy instead of this one?

Thanks!
Ron

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I'm planing on using the cheep two bolt one.

It's slow, but can get into the tight space I need to connect up the couple connections I have.

I also carefully inspected the copper ribbed pieces and filled off any defects from when it was formed.

Seaneys

Reaction score
Do you know what brand of PEX and Fittings you will use. I'd really try to stay with the same brand for the PEX, Fittings, and Crimper to be safe. I'm not sure how robust the industry standards are.

Steve

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Viega makes crimp connection as well as press connection tools. If you are talking about the regular crimp tools, they should be compatible, but you must make sure to check the crimps with a crimp gauge to be sure. Of course, seaneys's suggestion of staying all within the same manufacturer for pex, fittings, and tools is the best way to go if you have access to it all.

Did you consider renting a pex crimp tool instead of buying one?

Construct30

Reaction score
I would stick with one system. The press system looks good, but Wirsbo Expanion is still tops if you want to be really careful and use the best. Otherwise throw caution to the wind. enjoy. www.pexinfo.com has a lot of that info on compatibility, check it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks