Vikrell Shower pans--advice please?

Users who are viewing this thread

alicia725

Reaction score
Everything I have read is that acrylic is the best for shower pans...but what about this new Vikrell by sterling/kohler? Is it comparable or is it prone to cracking and aging very quickly? Anyone have any experience with the Vikrell shower pans? I am apprehensive about buying one if its fairly new to the market.

Alicia

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Vikrell is a quality acrylic product. Pay careful attention to installation instructions. Provide mortar support under if specified by the instructions.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you are going to tile the walls, consider the pan as well. If done properly, it won't leak and will outlast that pan by decades while looking good in the meantime.

Check out these two sites: www.johnbridge.com and www.schluter.com (at schluter, look at Kerdi).

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Vikrell isn't new. I've been using it for quite a few years. It's guaranteed for 10 years once installed. This means, do not break it before it's completely installed!

It has an incredibly tough surface - very hard to scratch. This is the successor to the old Dow-Corning fiberglas tubs. They were often a pain to clean. I like the Sterlings. One caveat - make sure the walls are plumb and square and sized properly. The units will fit together a lot better if care is taken.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks