PDA

View Full Version : would like to install a toto with a floor supply line

noeffort
02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi,
I'm finally going to replace an American Standard Lexington One piece that has caused a lot of problems over the years.
Came across this Terrys Toilet ratings and would like to go with a toto..
The problem is the supply is from the floor, 5-1/2" from the wall and 6" from rear center of old toilet.
I can get to the the pipes from below if I have to move the supply. Would like to know if the Ultramax would fit.
I have the toilet specifications and the footprint isn't descriptive enough.

Terry
02-28-2008, 04:27 PM
If the water supply is 3" or more to the left, and 3" or more above the floor, it will work with most of the Toto toilets.
You will notice a big improvement over the A/S Lexington.
Ultramax
http://www.terrylove.com/pdf/ms854114s_footprint.pdf
Drake

noeffort
02-28-2008, 04:53 PM
If the water supply is 3" or more to the left, and 3" or more above the floor, it will work with most of the Toto toilets.
You will notice a big improvement over the A/S Lexington.
Ultramax
Drake

Hi Terry,
Thats great news! Almost took a sledge hammer to that lexington many times!!!
Can you clarify on the 3" to the left.... where is the point you are measuring from?
I told one of the plumbers at work about your toto recommedations and he swears by them too!
I forgot to mention, I wanted to go with the elongated bowls, not sure if the footprint is any larger.

Terry
02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
If it comes from the wall, then 3" works.

Reading your title on the post, I realize that you want to come through the floor,
You will need at least 5" or more for that.
Reading your post, you have 5-1/2"
It should work.

noeffort
02-28-2008, 06:26 PM
If it comes from the wall, then 3" works.

Reading your title on the post, I realize that you want to come through the floor,
You will need at least 5" or more for that.
Reading your post, you have 5-1/2"
It should work.

Yes, the supply is coming up thru the floor at a distance of 5-1/2" from the wall.
From very back center of the old toilet to the left where the supply is coming up thru the floor the distance is 6".