PDA

View Full Version : Have FINALLY finished the bathroom

fatdaddy
02-25-2008, 04:34 PM
and the wife loves the Toto Ultramax. Good advice,but I have a question.
Several more bathrooms are in my future and my plumber (a close and trusted friend,second generation plumber who can be trusted) is sold on Kohler. He thinks Toto is over-rated and over-priced and I respect his opinion.
My question is,what Kohler toilet would be comparabel to the Ultramax MS854114E ? Just for a laugh,I may install a Kohler and do my own comparison and buy the final two toilets with the winner.
Very unlike me to find a winner and still search but I like to keep an open mind.Kohler sure stands by their products. From Shower doors to shower heads.Parts do not seem to be a problem but I do not have any experience with Toto and can't make a judgement although I am certain I won't have a problem.In any event,thanks for all the input.
Alan

Terry
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
The closest Kohler to the Ultramax would be the Cimarron one-piece.
I removed one of those for a client last week, and installed the TOTO Soiree.
The Kohler wound up in the dump. If your friend lives near me, maybe I can start giving him the used Kohler's I'm pulling out. It could save us both money.
Other Kohlers that get removed are the Santa Rosa (http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28056)models.

fatdaddy
02-25-2008, 05:23 PM
be a moot point. Pretty strong response but I won't get in the middle. I respect both of you too much to do that!
I suppose the only thing holding me back on the next one is,as I posted on the last job,my flanges are lead wiped and could be tricky to deal with. In the last one,it was in pristine condition and I was doing the whole room. I need time to recover before I do another whole bath and may just get the toilet to start,but one never knows what evil lurks under those floors!!
Anyway,thanks for the quick response and I value your opinion.
Alan