help w/toilet line

Users who are viewing this thread

Kathleen

Reaction score
Please be patient w/me, because I don't really know what I'm talking about. My son is going to help me install a new toilet (well--he's doing actually installing it) and we're having problems connecting it into the old waste line. Is there such a thing as a flexible waste line for toilets? If so, please let me know where to purchase that item.
Thanks for your help and info.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The waste, or drain is what holds the toilet in place, so flexible is not good! The part in the floor is called a toilet flange, and it should be firmly anchored to the floor. The bolts fit into it, and that fits into the holes in the toilet and you anchor it down. Prior to installing, you put a wax ring on the flange to make the waterproof seal.

Not exactly sure what you need here. As to water supply lines, yes, flexible ones in various lengths are readily available most any plumbing supply place. Maybe a little more info or a picture would help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks