Bathroom DWV Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

tchad04

Reaction score
I plan to completely remodel a small bathroom and will be installing all new fixtures (tub, pedestal lavatory, toilet) and plumbing. Everything will be along a straight interior wall.

I would also like to tie the nearby kitchen sink into the new DWV. I intend to use 1 1/2" vertical branch vents and 1 1/2" drain pipe for the kitchen sink & tub and tie them into a 2" horizontal branch vent pipe that will connect to a 3" main vent stack near the lavatory and toilet. The sink and tub drains would connect to a 2" waste drain pipe in the crawl space that would ultimately connect to a 3" main waste drain.

The lavatory (1 1/2" drain) and toilet (3" drain) would connect directly to the 3" soil/vent stack (vented through the roof) which would connect to the 3" waste drain pipe in the crawl space.

The distance from the kitchen sink to the tub drain is about 6 1/2'. The distance from the tub drain to the lavatory drain is about 2'. The distance from the lavatory drain to the toilet is about 2 1/2'. So, the total distance from the kitchen sink to the toilet is about 10-11'.

Anyone know if this plan will work? Any suggestions/comments would be most appreciated.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
plumbing

All of those measurements are irrelvent. What is important is how you run the piping, and that has nothing to do with what you have told us.

JohnnyV44

Reaction score
Okay, the guy's asking questions...apparently he's not saying the right thing...As the moderator and someone seemingly knowledgeable, why not tell him what he should be asking? This Forum says DIY....We all can't afford to pay professionals.... So, I repair cars for a living...guess what most people always want to do themselves to their cars....Brakes and Steering! I just posted basically the same questions in a new Thread and I'm sure I'm going to get the same answers....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
asking

Asking is one thing, but then WE have to interpret what he is saying, and then after we answer, HE has to interpret and install what we told him. Unfortunately, there can be many slips between our interpretaion and his installation. I have even see total abortions installed even when the DIY'er had precise drawings of what he should do, so I have little faith in a written description translating into a usable waste and vent system. Drawings are better. At least we can tell where the changes have to be made, whether they make them or not is their business.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks