Mop Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

AZ Contractor

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is there anything in the plumbing code that states that there is supposed to be an extra cold water supply at a mop sink for chemicals?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let's let HJ answer this one, he's in Arizona and is a real pro. All I can say is it would hurt to have it, but required, I don't have a clue.

AZ Contractor

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've put them in every restaurant I built and now I have this one plumber that says its not code and not on the plans. If I want it, I pay extra.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
A separate water supply is not required by code but any supply that is hooked up to a chemical dispenser will have to be protected by a backflow preventer...
(the vacuume breaker on the sink's faucet does not count - we have to use a separate RPZ unit...)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks