Grohmix Tub Shower Valve Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie

Reaction score
After hours and hours of trying to reassmble my 20 year old fixture, I got it reassembled, but broke one of the two screws that attaches the push-pull mechanism to the valves.

It's brass with a large head and has a hole through it. I found a screw that fits exactly but without the "hole" will I have trouble?

Also,I now get no COLD water, maybe a trickle. I get hot water, could debris be causing this to the cold water?. This valve doesn't work regardless of which screw I use, with or without the hole.

Do the valves need to be put in in a certain position?

lambtron

Reaction score
Charlie said:
After hours and hours of trying to reassmble my 20 year old fixture, I got it reassembled, but broke one of the two screws that attaches the push-pull mechanism to the valves.

It's brass with a large head and has a hole through it. I found a screw that fits exactly but without the "hole" will I have trouble?
I suspect the hole is a pressure relief for the valve's inner plunger shaft. If this is the case then the replacement screw should also have a hole in it to prevent the stressful pressure difference that would otherwise develop when the shaft moves back and forth in the valve cylinder.

Charlie said:
Also,I now get no COLD water, maybe a trickle. I get hot water, could debris be causing this to the cold water?. This valve doesn't work regardless of which screw I use, with or without the hole.

Do the valves need to be put in in a certain position?
Make sure the cold service stop is open. This service stops are located at the extreme left and right ends of the Grohmix. The service stop is fully open when its screwdriver slot is in the horizontal position.

If this doesn't work then you may have a clogged filter on the cold stop valve. To resolve this you must remove the cold stop valve and clean the filter screen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks